Parliamentary elections are held in Estonia on 5 March 2023. The right to vote abroad applies to Estonian citizens living abroad permanently and to voters who are temporarily staying abroad and are included in the list of voters.
Estonian citizens have three options for voting in a foreign country:
- electronically. You can vote electronically on the website valimised.ee/en from 9am on 27 February until 8pm on 4 March 2023 (around the clock). More information about electronic voting is available here.
- in a foreign representation. You can vote at the Estonian Embassy in Dublin on 20 February from 1pm until 5pm and on 21 February from 9am until 1pm.
- by mail. To vote by mail, you must send your application to vote (with a copy of your identity document) to the Estonian Embassy in Dublin no later than 3rd February 2023. The ballot papers must arrive at the embassy no later than 18th February 2023.
- Make sure in due time that your Estonian passport or ID card is valid on the day of voting.
- Make sure you have valid PIN codes that you will need for electronic voting.
- Voters who live abroad permanently must have a designated electoral district. If you have none, you will not be included in the list of voters. To check whether you have a designated electoral district, please contact [email protected] and provide detailed information about your last place of residence in Estonia.
- If you have never lived in Estonia, please submit the last Estonian address of your parents or grandparents to [email protected].
- When submitting information about your Estonian place of residence, please keep the following in mind:
- if your address in Estonia is in Tallinn, please specify the district;
- if your address in Estonia is in Tartu, specify that it is in the city of Tartu;
- with locations in other parts of Estonia, please specify the municipality or town; if you do not know the municipality or town, stating the county is sufficient.
You can only vote if there is correct electoral district data on record, so we recommend making sure your data is up-to-date at the earliest opportunity.